Ben’s Top 10
1. [same] Pittsburg (3-1): I normally wouldn’t speculate but Pittsburg would most likely be 4-0 with Ben Roethlisberger. This is the basis I am going off of rating Pittsburg number one after a loss. The Steelers are the toughest team in the NFL and I cannot see them getting any worse with a franchise quarterback at the helm.
2. [up 4] Baltimore (3-1): A great comeback win against the strong Pittsburg defense has had a lot of experts jump on the Steelers bandwagon. I am not as impressed. While the Ravens played great on the defensive side of the ball Joe Flacco and Ray Rice are incredibly tough yet their inconsistent nature hurts Baltimore’s chances of bringing a championship home this year. At this point in time Baltimore is the number two team but I expect them to fall.
3. [down 1] Atlanta (3-1): The Falcons would not have won had it not been the bonehead play of CB Nate Clements; however, good teams usually figure ways to win games and the last two weeks Matt Bryant and Atlanta have been able to win games that they were thought to have already lost.
5. [up 4] New York Jets (3-1): The Jets came prepared and beat a team they should have beat. LaDainian Tomlinson looked like the possessed LT of San Diego as the 31 year old 10 year veteran ran for 133 yards and two touchdowns.
6. [down 2] New Orleans (3-1): New Orleans is a great team but they need to figure their team identity soon because I am not sure how long they can manage to keep winning close games.
7. [up 5] Houston (3-1): Houston won a much needed game and jumped to number one in the AFC South and allowed their franchise wide receiver Andre Johnson to rest his injured ankle. Johnson will be active for their home meeting with the New York Giant’s this Sunday and I expect a big game from Houston and Andre. P.S. I don’t care what Arian Foster did not to play the first quarter, he is the best player on your team thus far so play the man.
8. [down 1] Green Bay (3-1): Aaron Rodgers is amazing but he cannot do everything. If Detroit can figure out that all the Packers can do is pass I think that better teams will be able to exploit the fact to an even greater extent.
9. [up 1] Kansas City (3-0): This is likely the last week they will be in the top 10 as Indianapolis is in a must win situation. If this team can pull out a win they will then be respected, until then they are the best and worst undefeated team.
11. Best of the Rest: Indianapolis(2-2), San Diego(2-2), Denver(2-2), Tennessee(2-2), Washington(2-2), NYG(2-2)